Saturday, August 12, 2006

APOLOGY
A hundred, no a thousand, no a gazillion apologies are in order. I used to look at my blog everyday and feel so sad that no one ever left me a comment. Then a message by "the visitor" made me realise that it was all my fault! Blog ignoramus that I am, I hadn't even understood that certain trivial steps were necessary to view and publish comments. So now I've published all your comments and I want to thank you! Keep commenting and I will try to keep writing:) I am going to need lots of encouragement because I am an inherently lazy soul!
I am going to reply to your comments now, I hope that's ok! :)
@Sayesha- It was REALLY nice talking to you. I hope we meet next time I come!

@ Kroopa- Yup I am indeed Dinesh's much older sister!

@Kutichavuru- Thanks!! Great name btw!

@Priya- Thank you, I know, poor V, she was really upset!

@Why am I, Smiling girl and Balaji Rajan- Still haven't learnt the language :(

@ The visitor- sorry, sorry, sorry!

@Insane genius- yenna da, you are as insane as ever! :) I didn't go to Pune, no time.

@Twisted dna- "In my case it was intentional though" Why on earth???
@ Vidhya Rajesh- "especially the destinations on the bus boards" That's why I don't travel by bus! :)

@ Ekta- Think of the desi version when you want to call someone akka :)

@Shalini- its ok pa, you can continue calling me akka :)

@ perspective inc.- "rose by any other name......." Yes that's some consolation:)

@ the_girl_from_ipanema- "CANNOT wait to tell my sister that." What did she say ??

@ ashok- "hahaha" I am glad you found it funny!! :)

@anantha- Actually the witchy angel calls me yekkow :)

@ the chosen one- Please continue to love my moniker!

@Ravi- Hello and please keep coming back!

@ 30in2005- "One never does know what ones name or anything dear means in a whole new language!" Tell me about it!

@ Ketaki- isn't it???:)

@ Smiling girl- "In Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Tulu, it means Sister." Thank God for Indian languages!:)

@Megha- Thanks for finding it so insanely cool!!

@Mosilager- Hmm well I found it when I was googling around so I suppose it might be right. I would be happy though if it wasn't!! Maybe there is more than one word for excrement :) You speak Afrikaans?? Wow!!

@Dinesh- Darling bro, there's no way I am writing about our beloved nephew!!! :)

@kiwimyl- Well I do have a blog and I can honestly say you inspired me!!!

@hari and kannan raman- am gonna make a serious attempt at writing!

@ myadventures- Oh yes I know who you are!

@drastically me "ps: I felt the same way as your friend did. Maybe, I was naturally expecting a kucci rat..." Actually speaking, me too!

@ravi- "weighfully' wrong". Ha ha ha!!!!

@smiling girl- Louise Brown's latest pic appeared in the king of all tabloids- The Times of India! Yup she was born in 1978.

@the chosen one- "I'd be 20 pounds lighter" me too, me too!

@visitor- errr letter no. 7?

I want to thank all of you for wishing me on my birthday!!!!

I am tired now! Please keep commenting, I think it will inspire me to write!!








24 Comments:

Blogger The Visitor said...

Hello akka,

Nice to see all the comments :)
You surely must be tired after all that answering. LOL.
Happy blogging.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

finally! had wondered why you never published the comments you received. welcome to the interactive world of blogging :)

1:18 AM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Mosilager said...

not really 'speak' as much as know when i'm being insulted and can give back in the same language :) i used to live a few hundred km from south africa for many years so picked up the important stuff. kids call it kaakaa but the adult version is definitely kak.

2:11 AM  
Blogger The Inquisitive Akka said...

@ Mosilager- Ah I see!! :) This is where I got the definition from: http://www.wordgumbo.com/ie/ger/afr/erafreng.htm
and while we are discussing that, I discovered some more meanings as well:)
Akka was a Finnish goddess, Akka is also a pejorative term for wife, or old woman in the Finnish language and Akka are a tribe of African pygmies!
Now what does Mosilager mean??

@the chosen one- Thanks!

@the visitor- am raring to go :)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow! i used to wonder why my comments were never published. (thought you were a snob of sorts..but your comments on other blogs dispelled that image)..should've guessed. (tee hee)

:) great now, i will come here often to leave my $0.02.

btw, my sister was grossed out and upset. she's happy i don't really call her "Akka", but always refer to her as "Akka"
hehehhe.. it's still funny.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moral of the story- comment begets comment.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

ironic that after you began uploading comments, i began spamming you with them :D think blogger was not working properly each time i tried commenting so had to click a few times! i see they all made it up here! LOL!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

ok it just hapnd again!!! sheesh :| is there something the matter with your comments settings? pls delete the double one i sent a li'l earlier!

4:10 PM  
Blogger The Inquisitive Akka said...

@ the chosen one-I have no idea what happened!Everytime someone leaves a comment I get 2 messages! Will check it out.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Mosilager said...

Mosi lager is a beer in Zambia... at some point it had won the best beer in the world award, or maybe that's just an urban legend from Lusaka. The Zambian football team always wins any tournament that has crates of Mosi as the first prize, that's how good the stuff is. Here's a picture.

11:56 PM  
Blogger The Insane Genius said...

ur blog is linked :)
and will update soon.been busy,tired and sleeping with a weird skin infection :D

7:32 AM  
Blogger The Inquisitive Akka said...

@the_girl_from-ipanema- and I've been trying so hard not to let anyone know that I am a snob :)

@Hiren- ok, ok :)

@Mosilager- It became much clearer once you delinked the Mosi from the Lager :) Interesting info, thanks!

@the insane genius- thanks da and get well soon!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Hip Grandma said...

i'm glad you have accessed our comments.i hope they cheer you up.

9:09 AM  
Blogger 30in2005 said...

For getting yourself in the comments game I think you should also set up a blogroll - a list of bloggers you visit - this will encourage people who see their name on your site to leave comments and have you on their blogrolls!

You shall soon be on mine!

2:19 PM  
Blogger The Inquisitive Akka said...

@ 30in2005- Thank you, thank you!Now I have to figure out how to set up the blogroll :) Everytime I see your name, it strikes a chord! Are you planning to change it to 31in2006?:)Becoming 30 is a rather momentous event in one's life!

2:51 PM  
Blogger The Inquisitive Akka said...

@hip patti- I've certainly cheered up! :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

aha!
|finally get to see the comments...used to wonder why my comment doesnt get displayed!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

:-)
Now we know :-)

8:43 PM  
Blogger The Visitor said...

See this link.
:( my apologies - it was written before you opened up the comments.

11:34 PM  
Blogger ashok said...

oops...so that the reason...I had almost giving up commenting on ur blog :) good that its ok now! and nice to see my blog linked too :) cheers akka!

6:19 PM  
Blogger tris said...

akka - since you think I write about Food, food and more food - I felt hurt and retired.

Read my archives and lemme know if you have changed your mind :-)

1:02 AM  
Blogger The Inquisitive Akka said...

Aiyo Tilo!!!I never meant any harm :( Infact I love the food reviews!!!! How do I view your archives?I am not able to access them. I would be SO happy if you came out of retirement!!!!!!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home